Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation in Salem, OR
Reliable Garbage Disposal Service in Salem & the Surrounding Areas
You may not think about your garbage disposal that often, but it’s one of the most invaluable plumbing systems in your entire kitchen. Your disposal gives you a safe and sanitary way of disposing of food waste, which reduces household odors, eliminates pests, and in some cases helps the environment by keeping food from ending up in a landfill.
Nevertheless, they are not immune to problems. Eventually, you will garbage disposal repair or a full replacement. So when the time comes and you need your disposal repaired or replaced, make sure that your service is performed by the highly-trained team from DoneRite Plumbing & Drain, LLC!
At DoneRite Plumbing & Drain, LLC, we offer a full range of garbage disposal services, including repairs for broken systems and even replacements for old units that simply aren’t worth fixing anymore. Whether your system is old or new, we show it the same degree of care and attention to detail as we would our very own because we know you demand the best. We call ourselves DoneRite because it’s more than just a catchy name—it’s a philosophy we live by.
How Long Do Garbage Disposals Last?
In general garbage disposals are designed to last about 10 years. How you take care of your garbage disposal can of course change this lifespan.
The best ways to take care of your garbage disposal includes:
- Run your garbage disposal on a regular basis
- Avoid putting items in the disposal that can damage it
- Don’t put too much food waste down the disposal at one time
- Use cold water instead of hot water
Once a garbage disposal has run its course it will typically begin to fail. The most common signs of a failing garbage disposal include clogging more often, making abnormal noises, and generally performing weaker than before. If you are noticing any of these signs it’s best to contact a qualified plumber to take a look at your system. If it’s time for your disposal to be replaced DoneRite Plumbing is here to help you!
What Are the Different Types of Garbage Disposals?
There are two different types of garbage disposals to choose from for your home: batch feed and continuous feed disposals.
Batch Feed Garbage Disposals
Batch feed garbage disposals won’t operate until you first add a stopper over the disposal opening and turn on the switch, making it ideal if you have children or aim to be extra careful about not accidentally putting items you shouldn't into the machine. Because of the convenient safety features that come with this type of garbage disposal, it’s typically more expensive than other options.
ContinuousFeed Garbage Disposals
Continuous feed garbage disposals operate from the time you flip the switch to when you turn it off, allowing you to add food waste while it's running. Some units come with auto-reverse functions, innovative grinding features, and advanced circuitry to help prevent jams. This type of garbage disposal is easier to use and more affordable than batch feed models.
What Types of Garbage Disposal Repairs Do We offer?
Garbage disposals are built for rigorous use, but over time parts can wear out. In many of these cases, a simple repair can get your system working again. Our experienced team has seen every type of garbage disposal problem, and our experience and training ensures we know how to fix it.
We can fix all types of garbage disposal issues, including:
- Broken or dead disposal motors
- Jammed or broken disposal blades
- Garbage disposal clogs
- Electrical connection problems
- Garbage disposal leaks
We service all makes and models of disposals, ensuring you can get the quality repair you need, regardless of what type of disposal you have. We always use high-quality replacement parts for optimal results, and our workmanship has been tested and held to the highest standards of quality for your complete and total satisfaction each and every time.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
Your garbage disposal is a valuable kitchen appliance that makes meal cleanup a breeze. However, like any mechanical device, it can encounter problems over time. Recognizing the signs of a malfunctioning garbage disposal is essential to prevent further damage and ensure smooth operation.
At DoneRite, we're here to help you identify when it's time to seek professional garbage disposal repair. Here are some common signs to watch out for:
- Strange Noises: Unusual and loud noises coming from your garbage disposal, such as grinding, clanking, or rattling, are often an indication of an issue. These sounds may suggest damaged or worn-out components that require attention.
- Frequent Clogs: If your garbage disposal frequently clogs or struggles to grind food waste, it may be a sign of a blockage in the disposal's impellers or drain line. Persistent clogs can lead to damage and reduced performance.
- Slow Drainage: A garbage disposal that drains slowly can be a result of a clog, improper installation, or a malfunctioning unit. Slow drainage can lead to foul odors and unsanitary conditions in your kitchen.
- Leaks or Drips: Water leaks or drips from your garbage disposal unit are a clear indication of a problem. Leaks can occur at various points, such as the sink flange, connections, or the disposal unit itself. Ignoring leaks can lead to water damage and mold growth.
- Foul Odors: Persistent foul odors emanating from your garbage disposal indicate the presence of food residue that hasn't been properly flushed out. This can lead to unpleasant smells in your kitchen.
- Electrical Issues: If your garbage disposal does not turn on at all or operates intermittently, there may be electrical problems such as a faulty switch, wiring issues, or a malfunctioning motor.
- Jammed Disposal: A jammed disposal is a common issue that occurs when foreign objects or excessive food waste obstruct the impellers. Attempting to force the disposal to work when jammed can cause damage.
- Reset Button Trips Frequently: Garbage disposals have a reset button to protect against overheating or motor overload. If you find yourself frequently resetting the unit, it may indicate an underlying problem.
- Age and Wear: As garbage disposals age, they become more prone to breakdowns and inefficiency. If your disposal is nearing the end of its typical lifespan (around 10-15 years), it may be time to consider a replacement.
- Inconsistent Performance: If your garbage disposal's performance has become inconsistent, with times when it works fine and other times when it struggles, it may be a sign of internal issues or component wear.
Ignoring these signs can lead to more extensive and costly repairs down the line. When you notice any of these indications, it's wise to contact the professionals at DoneRite for prompt garbage disposal repair. Our experienced technicians can diagnose the problem, provide effective solutions, and restore your disposal's functionality, ensuring your kitchen remains a clean and efficient space.
Garbage Disposal Replacement & Installation
While garbage disposals can last for years, even the sturdiest units will eventually need to be replaced. When this happens, make sure your replacement is done by the skilled team from DoneRite Plumbing & Drain, LLC! We always use premium replacement units from major name brands. When you demand the best, you should be sure you’re getting the best, and that’s exactly what our team offers.
What Are the Benefits of Upgrading Your Garbage Disposal?
Is your current garbage disposal causing you more trouble than convenience? It might be time to consider upgrading to a new and improved model. Upgrading your garbage disposal can provide numerous benefits for your home and daily life.
Here are some of the advantages of upgrading your garbage disposal:
- Improved functionality: Newer garbage disposals are equipped with advanced features that make grinding food waste faster and more efficient. Say goodbye to clogs and slow drains!
- Quieter operation: Older models tend to be noisy and disruptive. Upgrading to a more modern garbage disposal will provide you with a quieter and more peaceful kitchen environment.
- Reduced maintenance: Newer models are designed to be more durable and require less maintenance. You'll spend less time and money on repairs and replacements.
- Environmental friendliness: Many newer garbage disposals are built with eco-friendly features, such as energy-efficient motors and reduced water consumption. By upgrading, you'll be contributing to a greener and more sustainable future.
- Enhanced safety: Newer models come with improved safety features, such as overload protection and jam sensors. This ensures that your garbage disposal operates safely and minimizes the risk of accidents.
At DoneRite Plumbing, our experienced technicians can help you choose the right garbage disposal that meets your specific needs and budget. We offer a wide range of options from top brands, ensuring you get a reliable and long-lasting solution for your home.
Make sure your garbage disposal installation in Salem is completed by the skilled team from DoneRite Plumbing & Drain, LLC! Contact us today.